Thursday, August 18, 2005

Renounce War, Proclaim Peace

I read DailyKos, well, daily, but most things there don't fit my blog, which is mostly local.

I don't know if diarist flernk is local, but he is LDS, a Democrat, and wrote a diary on LDS and peace.


This is my (and the Church's) official position on war...

"Now, as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, what does the Lord expect of us? As a Church, we must "renounce war and proclaim peace." As individuals, we should "follow after the things which make for peace.'"
--Elder Russell M. Nelson, 5 October 2002

To be clear, this isn't my position on the "War on Terror," or the current war in Iraq, nor even the Viet Nam or World wars. This is my (and the Church's) official position on war itself. Say or believe what you want about my Church, all politics aside, I wish THIS was the image people remembered when they thought of us.


Amen, brother.

-Bob

No comments: