Saturday, October 08, 2005

Embarrased to be an American

I was origionally going to write a post with this title about my night at work last night, but I don't dare, cause I might lose my job.

However, something happened in the United States House of Representatives yesterday that makes any other offense seem small and petty.

You see, the House was passing a new energy bill. Voting was for 5 minutes, and at the end of the 5 minutes, the bill hadn't passed by 2 votes. They waited annother 41 minutes to declare the vote finished. In that time, 3 Republicans who had changed their no votes to yesses, and I yes changed to no, so the bill passed.

Abuse of power. It's a shame.

LDS scripture has something to say about that:

"We have learned by sad experience that it is the nature and disposition of
almost all men, as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they
will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion." -Doctrine
and Covenants 121:39 (March 20, 1839)



-Bob

tags: , ,

No comments: