OK, this has taken me a bit of time, but I have finally decided on my list of questions to send to candidates via e-mail. I will start sending the e-mails shortly. I will then start posting the answers in the order I see fit, starting with elections contested at the political conventions. You will notice that some of the questions are on poicy, and some are light. That's just who I am.
1) Why are you running for your office? If you are an incumbent, why did you run for the office, and what goals are still left to achieve?
2) Many polititians talk broadly about Utah Values. Define Utah Values.
3) What person or people do you look up to, who made you what you are today, and why?
4) What is your position on how taxes should be collected and spent?
5) Which of the 27 amendments to the U.S. Constitution is your favorite and why?
6) What are your environmental policies?
7) What makes the area you hope to represent unique?
8) What is your education plan?
9) What have you learned about yourself that you didn't know before you decided to run for office?
10) What do you plan to do with the thousands of people without health care?
11) If people wanted to help, what can they do? What help do you need the most?