Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"I Don't Think Anybody Anticipated..."

(hat tip for the idea: DailyKos Diarist The Cunctator)

I'm noticing a recurring theme here...

"I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would take an airplane and slam it into the World Trade Center, that they would try to use an airplane as a missile - a hijacked airplane as a missile."

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, May 17, 2002

"I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the levees. They did anticipate a serious storm. But these levees got breached. And as a result, much of New Orleans is flooded. And now we are having to deal with it and will."

President George W. Bush, September 1, 2005

"I don't think anybody anticipated the level of violence that we've encountered. I guess the other area that I look at, in terms of an area where I think we were faced with difficulties we didn't anticipate was the devastation that 30 years of Saddam's rule had wrought, if you will, on the psychology of the Iraqi people."

Vice President Dick Cheney, June 19, 2006

The next things these people won't anticipate:

-105 Degrees, 5% humidity in Salt Lake in August
-The Jazz will make a lousy pick in next weeks draft.
-Rocky Anderson going on vacation.
-Protestors during General Conference

Ant other things that are impossible to anticipate?

-Bob

No comments: