Wednesday, June 14, 2006

No ID, no problem

On occasion, my parents will send me to the store with their credit card to make a purchase. I've been asked for my ID on occasion, and I've produced it. The neames didn't match up, but that was OK. At least I had ID. Except for when I've accidently left the house without it. Then I didn't have any ID, bI was still able to use the credit card.

My dad will occasionally use his blind mother's card to buy things in her behalf, and they don't even have the same last name. But the ID is still checked and the purchase is allowed to go on without question.

Then I read a piece today on somebody who was able to go through airport security without photo ID (he had mailed it home), and it actually took him less time than if he had ID.

Go figure.

-BOb

No comments: