Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I'm back, and the gloves are off

Item: Utah's "Missing: 4th Seat

I am going to puke next time I hear about us losing out on a 4th seat after Census 2000 because the Census people didn't coun't Mormon Missionaries. I was a Mormon Missionary in 2000, and I got counted here in Utah. In fact, we were told by our mission president (who got the information from Church HQ) to have our parents count us at home. If you were a missionary who didn't get counted, tough luck.

Utah has been sending missionaries into the field for every Census since 1850. We're just now learning that we need to count them?!?

Maybe we are dumber than we thought.

Item: The debate over a congressman putting his hand on the Koran instead of the Bible.

Since when was it required to put your hand on the Bible instead of the Koran when being sworn into office? Isn't it sacrilidge to swear on the Bible if you don't believe in it?

-Bob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to swear on anything, if you don't want to. I don't care if they put their hand on the most recent issue of GQ magazine.

These people who are making a big deal of it are just trying to stir up trouble. Last year I got an e-mail telling me to boycott the USPS because they printed an Arabic holiday stamp.

People need to grow up.