Friday, April 27, 2007

I got a Vice Presidential Sneer

I checked off item #147 on my list of things to do or see before I die.

What is item #147?

Stick my tongue out at a sitting President or Vice President.

I sttod on the corner of West and South Temple waiting for the motorcade to come by yesterday afternoon. When it came, I waited for the limos and stuck my tongue out at them. I could see Dick in the second limo, but he wasn't facing me.

If you stick your tongue out at a Vice President, and he isn't looking at you, does it count?

Probably not.

So, knowing that his visit with the First Presidency would be brief, I waited.

Then, here came to motorcade back down North Temple Street again. And, out came my tongue again.

This time, Dick Cheney was looking at me.

And his facial expression changed, and his head turned to keep looking at me as he went past.

The facial expression I got was a sneer.

-Bob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True story? Wow! Cheney's sneers are really creepy.

Alice said...

I think that makes you practically famous. Can I have your autograph?