Saturday, August 04, 2007

Minnesota Nice

Minnesota is a place that has a special place in my heart. It is the place where I served my mission.

Most of the Minnesotans are truly nice people. In fact, in tearms of being kind to their fellow man, us Utahns can learn a lot about kindness from them.

It is because of this kindness that I was saddened to hear about the tragedy on I35W in Minneapolis this past week. I have spoken with someone whose father was literally 150 yards from the bridge when it collapsed. Tragedy can atke many forms.

What makes things tragic is the suddeness of the event. Virginia Tech. Trolley Square. I35W.

That is why we need to live our lives so that should tragedy strike us or those we love, we are prepared. "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear."

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people who have been affected by the tragedy.

1 comment:

JM Bell said...

Brother Bob, when are you back from your summer mission?