Thursday, September 13, 2007

Mitt Doesn't Carry His Scriptures With Him On Campaign Trail

Mitt Romney, again on FoxNews:

Asked how he keeps his energy up and himself 'in
check,' Romney replied: 'You know, the best thing I could do is see Ann
from time to time. [Laughter] Ann is my source of stability. And, you
know, the truth of the matter is, if you speak to enough people out there
on the campaign trail, you come away with more energy, not less
energy. At the end of the day, I find it actually hard to go to sleep if I've
- if I've met with a lot of people. I get energy from the crowds I
meet. I find myself having to read for an hour or so before I can fall
asleep. And thanks to the Gideons, I've got good material.'


Thanks to the Gideons? That must mean that he's reading the Bible to put himself to sleep.

But, that raises the question: Why doesn't he carry around his own scriptures with him? He can get an el-cheapo set of the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price for $12.50. And, he doesn't have to worry about what to do if his hotel room has been missed by the Gideons.

No comments: