Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Romney and the Speech

So, Mitt Romney will be making his Ich bin en Mormon speech Thursday.

(I stole that line from someone. If it was you, please tell me in the comments section, and I'll give credit where credit is due.)

Several people have asked my opinion on the speech, and I really can't say much until after he gives it.

It could go one of two ways. It could be a doctrinal speech where he goes into doctrine, talks about Joseph Smith and the journey of the Saints from New York through Ohio and Illinois to Utah. Faith, Repentance, Baptism, and all that stuff. However, this is not the speech I expect him to make.

What I expect is really nothing new. He'll talk about how his faith has made him a better person, throw out some Proclamation on the Family stuff, and say Jesus a lot.

Some, like JMBell, have said that it could be embarrassing to Mormons. It very well could be. I'm just not sure.

What I do know, is that it won't be the JFK speech we all are waiting for.

-Bob

No comments: