Saturday, December 29, 2007

Why Ruin First NIght?

I had always thought the idea of going to First Night sounded fun. The prospect of throwing a large party that encompassed Galavan Plaza, the Salt Palace, 2 blocks of West Temple, Gateway, and the LDS Complex sounded like fun. Maybe even worth $10. But for some reason, I have never gone.

I had thought about going this year. I had no real plans, and I figured this was the time.

Then I read a post about how they've ruined First Night, and I decided that it wasn't worth it.

I did a little research and found that Jenni was right. They've ruined it. I'm not about to pay $8-10 to be in an overcrowded environment being forced to listen to a band that probably sucks. Yes, there are fireworks, but that isn't worth it to me.

So, I'll be looking for other plans.

-Bob

No comments: