Sunday, January 06, 2008

New book from Jesse Ventura

The very first political rally I ever attended was by complete accident.

I was an LDS missionary in St Cloud, Minnesota. My companion and I had decided to spend part of the day speaking to students at St Cloud State University.

What we didn't know was that there was going to be an outdoor rally for Jesse Ventura, who was running for Governor, on campus that day.

I don't remember much about what was said (we arrived at the tail end of the rally), but I do remember the electricity in the air that day.

When I got home from my mission, I read the book Ventura had written about what he had pulled off in the election of 1998 and where he really stood on the issues.

While I disagree with him on several points, I admire his honesty and frankness.

It was fun to learn that the soon-to-be-unemployed blogger JMBell had worked on the Ventura campaign. So, it was lttle surprise to learn from him the Ventura's got a new book coming out soon.

Read more about it here
.

-Bob

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.