Monday, January 07, 2008

Post of the Week: Why Utah Mormons Fell for George W. Bush

Frank Staheli writes a blog called Simple Utah Mormon Politics, which has to be one of my favorite blog names.

Why? Because alone, Utah, Mormon, and Politics are anything but Simple. Any combination of two of those words makes things even worse. Combine three, and you're just asking for trouble.

Frank is a true conservative. He has written a post on why Utah was dumb enough to vote for George W Bush a second time in 2004.

It boils down to three things: God (and just wars), Patriotism, and Compassion. And he talks about how Bush is not on the side of Mormonism on all three counts....

Read the post HERE
!

1 comment:

Frank Staheli said...

The name "Simple Utah Mormon Politics" has a catchy ring to it, but you're right, there's nothing simple when you add any of the other 3 words to "Simple".

Credit where credit is due:

I came up with the name based on a suggestion from Cliff Lyon over at OneUtah when he was trying to link to me on his blogroll. My blog URL (as was the title at the time) is economicspolitics.blogspot.com--pretty boring. So he suggested that I use some of the words in my blog description (which used to say "The answers to economic and political problems are usually more simple than we think"). Then, based on what I had written about up to that point (Utahns and Mormons), I fiddled around with several words and came up with the existing title.

By the way, I LOVED the second paragraph of your post, so I have changed the description (not the title) of my blog accordingly. ;-)

Thanks!