Now, McCain's brass-knuckles-in-a-gun-fight response:
“Does a guy who made more than $4 million last year, just got back from vacation on a private beach in Hawaii and bought his own million-dollar mansion with the help of a convicted felon really want to get into a debate about houses? Does a guy who worries about the price of arugula and thinks regular people “cling” to guns and religion in the face of economic hardship really want to have a debate about who’s in touch with regular Americans?
“The reality is that Barack Obama’s plans to raise taxes and opposition to producing more energy here at home as gas prices skyrocket show he’s completely out of touch with the concerns of average Americans.”
And my point-by-point rebuttal:
1. The McCain Family household income in 2006 was over $6.5 million.
2. McCain went on vacation in Columbia, which isn't even in the U.S, not to mention his current vacation at his "cabin" in Sedonia.
3. McCain's seven homes are worth an average of nearly $2 million each. And the Obamas own just the one home.
4. Keating Five. Google it.
5. Does a guy who wears $520 Italian Shoes while visiting 41 in Kennebunckport have room to talk about fancy desires.
6. 90% of Christians (and Jews and Muslums for that matter) cling to religion when times are tough.
7. Does a man who doesn't know how many properties he owns think he's in touch with everyday Americans?
Not to mention that while we are saying "seven homes," we really mean seven properties. His "cabin" in Sedonia has 4-6 homes on it by itself.