Thursday, September 04, 2008

“No other success can compensate for failure in the home.”

The title of this post comes from a quote from David O McKay in 1935 (otherwise known as the year before John McCain was born). David O McKay was President of the LDS (Mormon) Church from 1951-1970.

Many of you are going to think this is a post about Sarah Palin. It is. And I know I'm going to get a lot of people pissed off at me and calling me sexist. They're similar comments that got Rocky Anderson in trouble last year.

But, Rocky was right.

Yes, this issue only seems to come out when it's a woman. However, politicians of both genders with young children worry me. How can they really raise their children while running their jurisdiction? This applies to Sarah Palin, and Barack Obama just as much as it applies to Jenny Wilson and Peter Corroon.

As with all major decisions, one thing that candidates must consider before seeking an office is "How will this affect my family? Will I be able to be there for my children when they need me."

Barack Obama has two wonderful daughters hat are also very young. What major impact would living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave have on their lives?

Likewise, if everything goes according to Republicans' plans, Sarah Palin will be in Washington for the next 16 years, That means her son that was born earlier this year will be just short of his 17th birthday without knowing life without Secret Service Protection.

I'm the son of a working mother. While her job as a nurse is very important in many people's lives, in my opinion (as well as the opinions of many conservatives I have heard over the years), her most important job is that of Mother.

However, the Palin household seems to be under some strain living at the Governor's mansion. Can they handle DC?

No comments: