Monday, November 03, 2008

Some of my favorite moments -- Obama Campaign

With 24 hours until polls here in Utah, I wanted to share some of my favorite moments of the Obama Campaign.

However, the trip down memory lane is emotional for me for some reason. So, I'll give a condensed version:

-That beautiful February Day when about 30 people gathered at Galavan Plaza for the first meeting of Utah for Barack Obama
-Iowa
-Getting to sit right behind Michelle Obama at the Salt Palace
-The small dance I did at the Salt Lake County Government Center after casting my primary vote.
-The phone calls of excitement on Super Tuesday at Utah Democratic HQ
-The text message of congratulations from a Republican friend when Hillary admitted defeat while I was secluded in Provo
-Waving a giant American Flag in Section 538 of INVESCO Field to hear the next President of the United States.

What were your favorite moments?

-Bob

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing the faces of the 1000 Utahns at Kimball Junction.

Listening to Michelle Obama during her visit to Utah and realizing that she was speaking about all the reasons I became involved in politics and that this movement was bringing new faces into political activism.

When Obama won the Utah primary.

Being at Invesco Stadium on my father's birthday and watching the Martin Luther King, Jr. tribute that reminded us that on the same day 45 yeas before Martin Luther King had given his "I have a dream" speech. I then remembered some words from his last speech, "“Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I’m not concerned about that now. I just want to do God’s will. And He’s allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I’ve looked over. And I’ve seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land!” and thought, "that vision is coming to pass."

Getting a phone call from a friend who said, "You should see Bob waving the flag! He's inspiring people!"

Seeing Bob walking into the hotel with that same flag wrapped around his body.

Anonymous said...

And, the look on Bob's face like he had just got married.