Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Now, the Pig Flu Gets Personal, Hits me in the pocketbook

Stupid H1N1.

Actually, it's all the overreaction. I mean, seriously, if you were scheduled to play soccer in a place that canceled schools because of a disease, would you?

The first two domestic matches of 2009 for the U.S. Women’s National Team have been cancelled after Japan decided not to travel to the United States or Canada, citing concerns with the H1N1 virus.

The U.S. team was to face the Japanese in two games, one at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco, Texas on May 20 and another at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah, on May 23. Japan was also scheduled to play Canada on May 25 at BMO Field in Toronto.

“This is an unfortunate situation, but one that we had absolutely no control over,” said U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati. “We have been assured that the risk to the participating teams is exceptionally low, but we accept the Japanese Federation’s decision not to travel.”

Fans that already purchased tickets to either game will be refunded in full from the original point of purchase.


Looks like another night I won't be working. Thanks a lot, pigs.

-Bob

Note: All posts on here reflect only my personal opinions. They do not represent the opinions of my clients, my employers or their affiliates. All comments and pages contained in their links are the responsibility of their authors and do not reflect the position of me.

P.S. I hold Nothing Against Pigs Personally. They are still tasty.

No comments: