Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Check out this week's City Weekly

I haven't gotten a chance to grab one yet (it's hitting newsstands as I type), but I go quoted in this week's City Weekly:

Democratic Party delegate Bob Aagard, of Holladay, thinks a liberal primary challenger for Matheson would be good for the party because it would force Matheson to tiptoe to the left to win in the primary. But he also thinks it would be good for Matheson in a general election because he could deflect criticism that he shares the same liberal beliefs as a certain Democrat from San Francisco.

“It will help him because the Republicans always say that Jim Matheson equals [Speaker of the House] Nancy Pelosi,” Aagard says. “[A liberal challenger] gives Matheson the opportunity to say, 'Hey, look, this guy is a Nancy Pelosi Democrat. I'm not.'”


Thanks to reporter Jesse Fruhwirth for making me out to not sound too stupid or crazy.

No comments: