Come to a Townhall Meeting with KAREN HYER
Democratic Candidate for Utah’s 3RD District
Thursday, August 26th, 7 p.m., Orem City Council Chambers, 56 N. State
Ethics in Government: Breaking the Cycle of Professional Politicians, Interest Money and Corruption
You can trace almost every problem in Washington to incompetence or “corruption.” Instead of looking at everything through partisan or ideological lenses, we need to start looking at things through ethical lenses. Special interests and/or poor decisions take over when fame, fortune, power, or ambition are more important than honestly serving the people. If we really want to see change for the better in Washington, we need to quit electing professional politicians (in either party) and go back to the idea of a citizen legislature in the spirit of Cincinnatus.
Karen isn’t a professional politician worried about her next election; she’s an American first with real-life experience! Her core values are conservative, but ethics, competence and intellectual honesty are more important to her than party. She’ll think outside the box, work with others, and find solutions to our most critical problems!
Some of Karen’s Experience
· Operated her own businesses; consulted nationally for the SBA & Chambers of Commerce
· Taught Ethics at BYU. Has taught school at all levels, elementary - post-graduate
· Owned & Managed a hunting and cattle ranching operation, where they also produced cotton, feed and crops
· Spent years as a top researcher at a pre-eminent medical center; has taught and advised on health policy
· Got a law degree & led the cause for small farmers & the environment, against the feds & special interests
· Has helped empower millions of the disadvantaged through educational programs both home and abroad
KAREN WILL . . .
* HELP GROW OUR ECONOMY
* ENSURE FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
* BRING ETHICS TO GOVERNMENT