Monday, March 20, 2006

Abortion

People, especially my LDS friends, ask me how I can be a Democrat and LDS, given the Church's stance on abortion.

The Church just happened to post their stance on abortion.

The line that most caught my eye:

The Church has not favored or opposed legislative proposals or public demonstrations concerning abortion.

Besides, if someone agrees with their party 100% of the time, they are idiots.

Or nutcakes.

Or Brainless.

Take your pick.

Personally, I am in the "if you don't want an abortion, don't have one" department. I'm against abortion, but I'm also against smoking, drinking, extra-marital sex, lying, and war lust.

But should I go imposing those views on others?

-Bob

1 comment:

Bradley Ross said...

Don't all laws impose some view on others? Take leash laws or speed limits. There are lots of people that believe we should have neither type of law because it infringes on their "rights." We could find that debate on just about every law on the books. How do you choose when to impose your view through the democratic process and when not to?