Sunday, April 30, 2006

United 93

I was unable to attend the "No Way Day" event because I had already agreed to go to a movie with a friend.

That movie was United 93.

It's a good film.

Is it hard to watch? Very.

I am man enough to admit that I cried. Memories of that day came floating to the surface. When the people on the screen first found out about the WTC on fire, I was back in my kitchen, seeing it on TV. When they watch the second plane hit the WTC, I'm back in front of Olympus High School listening to it happen on KSL Radio. When the Pentagon is on fire, I'm at SLCC watching it on a big screen TV, with the exact same "Oh shit" thoughts.

And then I realize.

We are not safer that we were that morning. There is nothing to stop history from repeating itself.

And for that, I'm still sad.

-Bob

No comments: