Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Think Globally, Act Locally -- In Costa Rica

SLCSpin has written a post about carbon offset plans.

Basically you can offset the polution you produce by donating money to a charity which then will help the rain forest in Costa Rica.

Don't get me wrong. I've been a big fan of the rain forests since my days at Uintah Elementary School.

However, since we are destroying forest land and have polluted air here in Utah, we should probably put that money to use here.

From SLCSpin:

The first time I heard about carbon offset plans, I thought about an episode of NewsRadio in which Phil Hartman refuses to quit smoking in the office.

At one point, he was told that smoking violations carry a fine. Phil calmy handed over the cash and kept right on smoking.


-Bob

No comments: