Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm prouderest of my country!

OK, so there was this big flap a few days ago. Michelle Obama said that for the first time in her life, she was proud of her country. Cindy McCain then responded that she, too, is proud of her country.

If fact, this is what she said:

“I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country.”

So, Mrs. McCain, what is it about this country that has made you proud?

Is it the war you husband was fighting when he was shot down and became a POW your freshman year of high school?

Is it the selling of WMDs to Saddam Hussein in the 80's? Maybe the arming and support of Osama bin Laden during the same time?

Maybe it was the lurid affair of Bill Clinton during the 90's that made you so proud. I know I was proud of America when I heard about oral sex every night on the news.

Maybe you were proud of your country when Karl Rove and George W Bush drug your husband's name, as well as you adopted son, through the mud in South Carolina in 2000?

And, we've barely gotten to this decade.

-Bob

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Really, Bob? You aren't proud of your country? You don't recognize any of the good or progress made in the last 40 years or so? You don't see how this country's very existence revolutionized what government could be? Have we forgotten the incredible political minds, inventors, entrepreneurs, and statesmen this country has produced?

There's really no reason to be proud of our country?