Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Attend Your Caucus Meetings and stop Bitching About Things!

When friends, neighbors, and associates find out I work in politics, the subject always runs one of three ways:

1) "I don't like the Republican Party. They are far to Conservative."

2) "I don't like the Democratic Party. They are far to Liberal."

3) "I think the Republicans are too Conservative and the Democrats are too liberal for my tastes."

OK, there's a fourth group that says the Dems aren't liberal enough and the Reps are not conservative enough, but you get the drift.

However, I'll tell you how you can change things for the better: Attend your caucuses or mass meetings tonight at 7:00 PM. It will be better than Dancing With the Stars, I promise.

What will your attendance at these meetings do? Well, at these meetings, you will elect delegates to the County and state conventions. These delegates will then vote on who your party puts on the ballot in many races in the state. Also, this year the delegates to the State convention will vote on who will represent YOU at the National Conventions in Denver and Minneapolis.

Moreover, the delegates you select tonight will be who selects party leadership next year. That will set in motion how the party runs things in 2010 elections.

To find out where to go tonight, click here for republicans, click here for Democrats.

No comments: