Wednesday, April 02, 2008

My Personal Connection to Hser Nay Moo

This is a hard post to write.

I woke up early this morning to write a post on this, and then I was going to head out the door. I was going down to an LDS Chapel to help look for a little girl who was missing.

A little girl who I had met.

You see, shortly after arriving in Utah, the group of refugees from Burma were adopted by a group of four LDS Singles Wards, including mine. We did many things with them, including throwing a Christmas Party.

The picture on the news late Monday night looked familiar, but I just couldn't place it. Maybe she looked like one of my students from the time I spent working at an elementary school in Kearns. I've seen many kids that look like students I had.

The image haunted me yesterday as I rode the bus past the chapel where the search was being organized yesterday afternoon.

Then I got the email from my Bishop.

This little girl was part of those who attended our Christmas Party

Any who are otherwise not busy tonight your help to search would be gratefully received


Now, I don't remember Hser Nay Moo separate of the other children. But, I do remember the children.

I remember the joy and amazement on their faces. I remember the fun we had seeing them have fun. They spoke little to no English, but a smile transcends languages.

Since by the time I read the message, it was to late in the evening to go, I would head down there before the crack of dawn.

I woke up and turned on the television, where I saw the sad news that she had been found dead. My heart sank.

May God Bless her family, friends, and all those who associate with them. May He also bless all those who came out to help look for her, friends and strangers alike.

-Bob

2 comments:

PinchasEliyahu613 said...

I found an article that tells how to donate to the family. I contacted them directly and got the info. My family will be sending a donation.

Anyone interested in donating to a trust fund set up for this girl’s family can do so by going directly to Zion’s Bank and mentioning ref. Hser Nay Moo. To mail a cheque or money order:

Zion’s Bank
701 East 400 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84102

ref. Hser Nay Moo - donation

CHOMP said...

Good Morning Bob, Hi again Just...

Bob, your article about the Wah family was touching. I put a link on my blog. Hope that is okay with you.

Just, I appreciate your donation information. I posted an article with the donation information.