The thing is, this hearing is going to be decidedly one-sided. The guest list, according to the Deseret News:
• U.S. Attorney for Utah Brett Tolman.
• U.S. Attorney for Nevada Gregory Brower.
• Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard.
• Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott.
• Stephen Singular, author of the book "When Men Become Gods."
• Dr. Dan Fischer, an ex-FLDS member.
• Carolyn Jessop, an ex-wife of YFZ Ranch leader Merril Jessop and the author of the book "Escape."
Utah Attorney General Mark Shurtleff was among those invited to testify, but he was unable to do so because of his medical condition after injuring a leg in a motorcycle crash. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., will lead the panel.