Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Part Zero - Hate

You have probably noticed that, with the exception of a post about Holly Mullen leaving City Weekly, I have not posted for nearly three weeks.

Part of that had to do with the passing of Larry H Miller. It hit me harder than I thought it should. It also added about 20 hours to an already busy week (I work for LHM Group).

Another reason for the absence is the fact that I've been sick for about 10 days. People keep telling me to go to the doctor, but I just can't afford that right now.

And I'll admit laziness played a part in me not posting.

But a big part of the reason for my absence is what made me threaten to quit politics back in October. And it's the thing I want to discuss in a new series of posts.

Hate.

Hate is a two way street, but I am only choosing to focus on one side of that street.

Why?

Because I can live with people hating my religion. I figure it's gone on for 180 years or so, and it will go on for 180 more, and probably 180 more after that. Plus, I know that those people fall into two categories. The first group is the so-called Christians who profess that Mormons are going to Hell. I'm OK with this group, since I know they are going to Hell, and the Mormon concept of Hell is much nicer than the Christian concept of Hell, so we're all better off.

The second group is the people who hate the Church because of it's actions. However, most of the time (there are exceptions), rather than the actions of the Church, it's the actions of members of the Church who try to out-church the Church. I'm not going to name any names today, because I don't need to. You've probably shouted them at your monitor already. If you are stumped, just say your own name.

It's this second group that I want to address in this series. I'm not sure how long it will take me to write these posts. I do know that the length of the posts will vary. Some will be a few sentences. Others wil be small novels.

This is tentative list of the posts I will write:

Part One: What I Believe
Part Two: The Questioning of My Faith
Part Three: Their Words are Near to Me....
Part Four: Brokeback Miller
Part Five: Wo be unto the liar....
Part Six: Amen to the Priesthood of that Man....

No comments: