Wednesday, June 17, 2009

News Stories That Shouldn't Surprise Us

There have been two stories in the news this week that have people shocked (SHOCKED! I tell ya), but I'm not surprised at all.

The first story is that of the LDS Church's new Oquirrh Mountain Temple getting hit with lightning. You take the highest point for miles, build the tallest structure for miles on it, and top the building with a gold-guilded fiberglass statue with a lightning rod running through it, and then you're shocked (SHOCKED!) that it gets hit. It's not the first time a Temple has been hit, and it won't be the last.

The second one is the Iranian election. Really, You thought it would be a free and fair election?

That said, I think it is awesome that the people are taking to the streets to protest. Power to the people! I hope they succeed.

I doubt they will.



From The SideTrack

No comments: