Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Corroon: Herbert's Budget is Fuzzy Math

From the email:


Dear Bob:

The State of Utah at one time received an "A" from Governing Magazine. Now, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, our state has dropped to twelfth worst in the nation for budget gaps. And the incumbent governor recently discovered an additional $150 million dollar deficit in our state budget that he explains as "right on target" and "normal." How did this happen? Simply put, this situation is a result of poor leadership. For this reason and many more, I have developed a plan to get Back to Basics and increase government efficiency in the State of Utah.

Government efficiency is one of the best ways we can enhance government and private sector programs. In my plan, I have pointed out several areas where we can dig deep, cut fat, save money and still improve our quality of life.

As governor, I will:
Reform the budget process by ending gimmicks
Demand results
Cut waste
Require department directors and other top-level employees to sign performance agreements
Conduct a top-to-bottom review of ALL state programs

It's pretty clear we need to take steps RIGHT NOW to make state government better for the 21st Century.

Read my Government Efficiency Plan here

As mayor, I cut Salt Lake County's government by nearly 20% last year and I made our government more honest and transparent. I can do the same for the State of Utah. I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work. As the next Governor of Utah, I plan to provide true fiscal discipline to our state government.

Please help bring fiscal management to Utah by supporting our campaign at www.votecorroon.com.

Sincerely,

Peter Corroon

No comments: