Sunday, May 01, 2011

Bin Laden is dead -- my reaction

I will always remember where I was on September 11, 2001.

I also remember where I was eight years ago May 1, 2003 when President Bush gave his "mission accomplished" speech. That was the day that started me on the path to becoming a Democrat.

And, May 1, 2011 is a day that makes me proud to be an American.

I wish it hadn't taken us nearly 10 years since 9/11.

In fact, I wish we had gotten him during the Clinton administration. Then none of the above dates would have mattered.

But, they do matter. And they will always matter.

Unfortunately, terrorism is never going away. Terror will be an effective tool both from foreign and domestic terrorists.

However, we must let the world know that if you commit acts of terrorism, we will find you, and you will be met with Justice.

And hopefully we will find you quickly.

May God continue to bless America.

No comments: