Friday, August 25, 2006

Blog Locally

Back in June, I bookmarked a diary from DailyKos that was a subject that I wanted to talk about. The diary went forgotten until now.

The subject? Blog locally.

The basis of the post is the fact that there are many, many, blogs out there on national issues. Some, like DailyKos, even allow you to post your own national stories.

However, what this world needs is more specialty blogs. Concentrate locally.

The old saying is that all politics is local. Not only that, but local poiliticians have more pull that national ones. Peter Corroons affects my daily life much more than George W Bush.

Am I advocating never writing about Bush? No. However, what I am saying is that There is more of a need to write about how his actions affect you and your neighbors.

-Bob

No comments: