Friday, August 25, 2006

Steve Olsen

I have so many things on my plate right now, it's easy to forget that there's more races going on than the Pete Ashdown-Orrin Hatch race.

Leave it to Pete to point this out to me.

He wirtes about Steve Olsen, who is running for Rob Bishop's seat. Steve wrote a wonderful booklet called "Why Most Utahns are Democrats and Just Don’t Know it Yet." I've given several copies to friends of mine who have asked me why I'm a Democrat.

More importantly, Steve is a dedicated man. Most people who get asked to run for an office by party leadership give it only a token effort. However, Steve has put many unending hours into the race, hours that he just doesn't have. Steve is a father, an engineer, and an LDS Bishop. Yet he still takes the time to campaign for the office.

Rob Bishop doesn't even take the time to meet with constituents. Something tells me this won't be the case with Steve.

Let's send Steve Olsen to Congress
!

-Bob

No comments: