Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A resignation

In the interest of full disclosure, I feel it pertinent to post this for my readers:

Due to some events in my personal life the past six weeks, I have taken a step back and looked at what activities I should be focusing on. While the desire to stay politically active these next two months is still there, I have realized that I have spread myself two thinand in too many directions. I have chosen to eliminate those things I feel I have been less effective at.

That is why I am resigning my post as Leg District 36 vice chair. This resignation is to be effective upon the election of a new vice chair.

I am excited about the direction the party is headed. While I have been critical of some of how some of the programs have rolled out, I feel that, in general, we are headed in the correct direction.

This is a decision that has not been made lightly. However, it has been coming for some time now, and with the recent resignation of Cliff Lyon as Leg Chair and the subsequent Chir election this Saturday, I feel like this is the right thing to do.

-Bob Aagard

P.S. -- Just to be clear, this resignation does not apply to any other positions that I hold in my precinct, nor my caucus positions.

No comments: