Saturday, January 06, 2007

Political Thinking

Shaun has an interesting post about political thought in Utah. With tongue planted firmly in cheek:

That's it! Republicans don't think democrats should drive decent looking cars!

I'll show them. I'll support legislation that bans business owners from writing off those nice cars they lease. We all know that ALL republicans are business owners so I'll be able to stop them from having nice cars too!

The only trouble is that it won't stop there...

Next week when I get an oil change I'm going to have to make sure that it's a good democrat that does it. If I let a republican do it who knows what they'll sabotage on my car!

You see, those republican business owners want me to do my part in saving the economy by buying things I don't need. Like say, a new car.


As Homer would say (Simpson, that is), "It's only funny because it's true."

It's not just political thought here in Utah, it's nationwide, promoted by the likes of Sean Hannity and Bill O'Rielly.

Liberal Media. Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. Hillary Clinton. Michael Moore.

-Bob

No comments: