Friday, August 24, 2007

Puppy Torture and Vouchers linked?

So, I had an interesting conversation with a complete stranger this morning on TRAX about the voucher push poll. It me to thinking about a potential push poll those who support public education could run....

Jane Voter: Hello...
Caller: Hi. This is Bob from B & S Consultants, and we're doing a short poll about education this afternoon. May I take just a few moments of your time?
Jane: No Problem.
Caller: Thank you. This first Question is: Do you generally support or oppose the plan to give vouchers to people who want to send their children to private schools.
Jane: Oh, I think I support it, but I'm not completely sold on it. Could you give me more information about the subject?
Caller: Unfortunately, I'm unable to. We are unbiased and don't want to sway the results of our poll. So you would say you kind of support the bill rather than strongly support the plan?
Jane: yes.
Caller: OK, my next question contains a hypothetical situation. Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for vouchers if you learned that the supporters of vouchers supported lesser penalties for people like Michael Vick who torture cute puppies, kittens, and other cute, furry animals?
Jane: Oh, that's mean. Definitely less likely.
Caller: Thanks, we're almost done here. Let me just get some demographic information.....

Bob's first rule of politics is to not use a tool that you wouldn't want used against you...

No comments: